2016/02/17

Good Food and Boring Hours

Hey,

I'm doing a very early post today because I'm feeling very bored today.

For some odd reason, I decided to wake up at around 8:50 in the morning even though it was the break. Then I had breakfast, which was extremely unhealthy, a hot dog. My mom was very displeased but she let me have it anyway as a one time thing. So I did. It was pretty good,  although to be honest, I didn't fully taste it. I guess my senses were still asleep.

Then, I refreshed and began the day. First thing I did was play piano. In March there is a major recital called the Music Festival that I am a part of, for both piano and saxophone. So, I decided to practice my pieces. I played the piano for about an hour, drilling sections of the music to get it perfect. Then, I practised my saxophone pieces. My solo was pretty difficult because it has very high notes, which needs a lot of air. I played saxophone for another half hour and then I began my daily ritual of looking for food. Even if I'm not hungry, I NEED something to munch on! It's a terrible habit! I'm trying my best to slow and eventually stop it :) That may take time...

Anyhow, after looking around, I didn't find anything I wanted. (This is also a problem because I have so many cravings that I can't find one thing that I want!) So I decided to bother my mom and ask her to make something to eat. She agreed. We ended up making Mango Bubble Tea. It was AMAZING! If you want the recipe, just ask in the comments!

After that , I was very full! Let me tell you those drinks fill you right up! I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to eat supper, never mind lunch! In any case, I dragged myself to the study room to work on some homework. And by the way I think my computer will survive!! I only found this out after 5:30, so I didn't get a chance to work on CAD or French. So I just gaze aimlessly at my wall trying to think of something to do. When my mom finally told me to do some math. Yeah I was doing math over the break. It actually gets your brain working. This was good because now I had something to do for at least another hour.

When I finished with the math, I decided to fill out the badminton forms. It took me only about 10 minutes and I was done. I was hoping I would take a little longer than that! Sadly for me, it didn't. 
So now I had to find something to do.

I went over to my mom who was looking through Facebook. Then we somehow ended up looking at different cool hairstyle videos. That burned up time until it was time my dad came home. After he came home, he told me my  computer was ok and he really like the Bubble Tea. I was very happy.

Then I began to read this book called Shopaholic to the Rescue. I know the title sounds really cheesy and kid like, but the book had nothing that kids would read. It was about this girl, loosing her dad and her best friends husband at the same time. They end up going on a road trip trying to track down the two men. The story has way more to it than that, but it's too much for my sore thumbs to type. So just comment below if you want me to tell you more. 

I read the book until right now, or when I started this post, I guess. I think this actually took me about half an hour to type up! Wow! I type slow!

Oh well...my thumbs are still numb. I'm going to try to put a heat pad on them to see if that works.

Talk to you later!
Dinithi

2 comments:

  1. Please add 'Mango Bubble Tea' recipe.
    I'm practicing speak in English these days.
    So this blog helps me lot.
    (If you are curious I'm a mother of two kids :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you follow this link it will lead you to a tutorial on how to make bubble tea : https://youtu.be/8_jkVw8v75E

    And its a pleasure to hear that you are reading my blog to learn English. I will be publishing one post every day so stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete