2016/03/06

Baking Blue Berry Muffins !!

Hey!!

So, on Friday, right after school, my mom  and I went shopping to get some ingredients for the delicious muffins we were going to make. Here's what we needed...

1/2 cup of flour
3/4 cup of sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup of milk
2 tsp of vanilla extract
Blue berries!!

Here is what we bought...

Eggs
Fruit
Whipped Cream
2 Cake Mix Packets
And some other stuff I don't remember... :D

Now, you must be wondering why we bought the fruit and other stuff right? Well, I wasn't the only one on a mission. My sister was determined to make truffles all by her self. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure she is writing a post about her truffles too. Oh yeah here's the link if you want to check that out ww.cyberslk.net/2016/03/how-to-make-truffles.html

Anyhow, the recipe I mentioned above only made 8 muffins so we tripled the recipe ;D. I would finish 8 muffins in 2 seconds! :D

So, I got right down to business. I first washed my hands, very VERY thoroughly. I mean, I'm not a germaphobe or anything, but my mom INSISTED, so I complied.

Anyway, then I preheated out oven to 400 degrees.

Next, I mixed all of the dry ingredients (the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) with a hand mixer, or basically anything you can mix things with :D.

Then, I mixed all of the wet ingredients in a SEPARATE bowl. Notice the emphasis on SEPARATE. I actually don't know what would happen if you mixed the wet ingredients into the dry, but the recipe said to separate them at first, so that's what I did.

After mixing all of the wet ingredients thoroughly, I added them to the dry ingredients. I guess separating the two would probably help mix the ingredients properly.

 When you mix the dry and the wet ingredients DO NOT over mix. This will make your muffins SUPER hard and crunchy; definitely not what you want in a muffin!

So, after mixing the wet and the dry, you can add the blue berries into the batter. Make sure you don't squish the poor blue berries while you are mixing them in!

After you think the blue berries are mixed into the batter properly, take a muffin tray and lay out the muffin cups. leave a few of the muffin holder thingies empty so you can pour water into it, to make the muffins nice and moist.

Then, pour equal amounts of batter into the muffin cups, and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are thoroughly cooked.

The muffins won't taste the best when they are hot, since the blue berries will taste like lava. So be patient and let it cool! I was too eager to eat them and found that it tasted horrid! I was honestly thinking of throwing them out, but I left it for Saturday, in case I was really desperate for a snack.

It turned out after it was cooled, it tasted AMAZING!!

Do try this recipe, the batter is absolutely DELICIOUS!

I ate three whole muffins today! I better go and work of all of the calories I gained!

Wait for my next post!
Dinithi

PS. I'm so so so so sorry about not writing for a few days! I had two exams this week so I had to STUDY,STUDY,STUDY!! Actually I didn't study all day, but I also had a piano recital and was practising for that too!

PPS. Did you notice how many times I said "thoroughly"? I sound very professional :D...not!

PPPS. Sorry about all of these post scripts :D, but if you ave nay questions about the recipe or just feel like commenting, please leave a comment below!

6 comments: